This will explore the world of work including workplace social skills and
provide participants with the tools to obtain a job. This course will allow young people
to discuss and learn about rules and expectations in the workplace.
The course will include:
- The creation of a data sheet, cover letter and resume
- Practice with interviewing skills, including appropriate body language, and
answering interview questions appropriately.
- How to make follow-up calls
- Writing thank you letters
- Discussion on workplace culture, social skills and workplace dynamics.
Students will be given instruction and practice in hygiene, conflict management, acceptance of feedback, hidden workplace culture, gossip, use of technology, basic do’s and don’ts in the work environment, communication and other necessary skills needed to obtain and maintain employment.
Requirements: Transition – age youth (16 – 24) with a disability
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 11–August 3 from 12:30-2:15 p.m.
Registration is required. View, fill-out and return the Registration Form with payment. Registration fee is due by Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Questions please contact: Rob Weigel: Email: [email protected] | Phone: 507-285-3933 | Mail: Attn: Rob Weigel 2200 2nd Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902