What is Work? Getting and Keeping a Job
Description: This will explore the world of work, including workplace social skills and provide participants with the tools to obtain a job. This course will allow young people to discuss and learn about rules and expectations in the workplace.
The course will include:
- The creation of a data sheet, cover letter and resume
- Practice with interviewing skills, including appropriate body language and answering interview questions appropriately
- How to make follow-up calls
- Writing thank you letters
- Discussion on workplace culture, social skills and workplace dynamics
Students will be given instruction in hygiene, conflict management, acceptance of feedback, hidden workplace culture, gossip, use of technology, basic do’s and don’ts in the work environment, communication and other necessary skills needed to obtain and maintain employment.
Requirements: Transition-age youth (16-24) with a disability
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 10 – August 2 from 12:30 – 2:15 p.m.
Questions please contact: Chanell Calhoun | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 507-285-3919 | Mail: Attn: Chanell Calhoun 2200 2nd Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902