The services for veterans provided by SEMCIL are not in lieu of those benefits and services a veteran can receive from the US Department of Veterans Affairs, State Veteran Services or those offered by organizations affiliated with Federal or State Veteran programs. SEMCIL services are provided in collaboration with other veteran services providers in order to bridge service gaps and provide for unmet needs.
SEMCIL offers the following independent living services for veterans:
- Independent Living Skills training
- Pre-Employment Services
- Housing Search
- Assistance with accessing Social Security benefits, insurance programs, etc.
- VA benefit claims and educational benefits assistance
- Accessibility Services (Ramps, Home Modification)
- Individual and Systems Advocacy
- Support Groups
- Nursing Home Relocation services
SEMCIL offers a Veterans PTSD support group on the last Thursday of the month at the American Legion, 403 East Center Street, Rochester, MN from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.. A family/care giver groups meets at the same time for those supporting Veterans dealing with PTSD.